Ameliasburgh Heritage Village

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌Ameliasburgh Heritage Village has grown from one building in 1968, to a complex of museum buildings and displays. The main structure was built in 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church. It became a United Church in 1925 and served the community until 1967. Over the years, several additional buildings have been added to the site. A log cabin, display barns, an operational blacksmith shop, a carpenter’s shop, a sap shanty, dairy and beekeeping buildings, a general store and a large stone building housing the Goldie Corliss 18 foot flywheel. A highlight is Amelia’s Tea Room, which offers refreshments during special events or by request for group tours.

 

Le Village du patrimoine Ameliasburgh est passé d’un bâtiment en 1968 à un ensemble de bâtiments de musées et d’expositions. La structure principale a été construite en 1868 et fut une église méthodiste wesleyenne. En 1925, elle a rejoint l’Église unie et a servi la collectivité jusqu’en 1967. Au fil des années, plusieurs autres bâtiments ont été construits sur le site. Une cabane en bois rond, des granges d’exposition, une forge fonctionnelle, un atelier de menuiserie, un camp d’extraction de sève, des bâtiments de laiterie et d’apiculture, une boutique générale et un grand bâtiment en pierre abritant le volant d’inertie Goldie Corliss de 18 pieds. L’un des lieux principaux est le salon de thé Amelia qui offre des rafraîchissements pendant les événements spéciaux ou sur demande de groupes en visite.

Aucun service bilingue n’est offert sur ce site. Cependant, une visite sans guide est proposée en français.

Ameliasburgh Heritage Village welcomes:

 

Coming Soon


The de Vries Natural Heritage Collection - Opening Summer 2019

This collection tells incredible stories about our natural world, its biodiversity, both the carelessness and conservation efforts of humankind and last, but not least, the craftsmanship of Jake de Vries and his lifelong passion for preserving natural heritage for both public education and aesthetic appreciation. Although Jake was a hunter in his early years, he was more of a conservationist and considered taxidermy as a method of presenting the wonder and beauty of nature. The majority of specimens were not hunting trophies, but rather victims of either busy roadways or poachers (Ministry of Natural Resources staff often provided Jake with specimens that had met these sad fates). The collection shows the love he had for wildlife and his great gift for bringing these once lifeless creatures back to life.


 

Upcoming Events

Special admission rates may apply.‌

 

Ameliasburgh will be hosting five fruit-themed Tea Room Socials over the course of the 2019 season!

Admission is $8, and includes your museum admission and delightful desserts. Mmm. ‌‌‌

 

 

Location

517 County Road 19, Ameliasburgh

(Turn at the town hall, parking is behind the Heritage Village)

 

Contact Us

Phone: (613) 476-2148 x2522

Off season: (613) 476-2148 x2521

Email: amelmuseum@pecounty.on.ca

Mailing address: 332 Main Street, Picton, ON K0K 2T0